So the holidays are right around the corner and if you've got a design you would like to be letterpress printed, you might want to contact Kevin Cox at Jazyrain.
Kevin is a letterpress printer based in Vancouver, Washington and owner of Jazyain, his letterpress shop.
Earlier this month, we launched the redesign of his website. Yay!
Kevin initially contacted me for “just a redesign” but during the discovery phase, “just a redesign” turned into re-positioning his business.
We explored what he was passionate about; what he loved doing and where things were more challenging for him.
Before, we started this journey, Jazyrain was a custom letterpress and wedding invitation design studio. He worked with brides, designers–anyone that needed invitation, stationery design and letterpress printing.
He wanted to simplify his offerings and target a more specific audience so during this process we discovered together, that what he loved most: printing.
(Below is a screen grab of the site in transition created by Kevin.)
So we put our heads together on the following:
- Figure out where to save on expenses (Kevin decided to write his own copy and make his own photographs)
- Review his existing content; determine what stays, what goes
- Organize his content; create a website structure based on goals
- Developing new content
- Figure out what to show in his printing portfolio that would appeal to designers
- Discuss ideas about the types of blog content he could create
- Tailor messaging to appeal to his target audience; be clear about his services
Today, Jazyrain offers custom letterpress printing solutions for designers and creative agencies.
When I asked him how things were going just two weeks after the redesign launched, he sent back an email saying, “The site looks and works great! I've noticed an uptick in requests!”
(Below is a screen grab of the redesigned site.)
I've worked with Kevin for the past couple of years on several letterpress printing projects and highly recommend him.
He is super attentive to detail and I've been super excited with the quality of his work (and so have my clients).
Visit Jazyrain to find out more about Kevin's letterpress printing services.