I’m Deb, a designer and lifelong learner. My specialties include UI / visual design and editorial design. I work part-time for Lensculture and collaborate with select individuals on heart projects.
When I’m not designing, I cook and gather with family or friends; enjoy long, early morning walks; catch up on Masterpiece; make happy snaps, and share my love for health and wellness. I’ve also been known to speak, teach, and try new things. Most of all, I enjoy road trips across the U.S. and Canada with my husband. We live in Upstate New York with our Russian-blue tabby and our beagle.
Working with Deb was painless and everything came out just as I would have hoped. She has great style, a firm grasp of everything that needed to be included on the site and was helpful in every way. I would happily recommend her to anyone looking to build a new site or fix up their old one.
Proprietor, COR Cellars, Lisle, Washington
It’s because of your hard work I’ve caught David Alan Harvey’s attention and was invited to his NYC workshop. The site is already paying dividends. I am currently in NYC doing a week-long workshop with Magnum's David Alan Harvey, which is the most intense experience ever. Will come up for air beginning of next week.
Photographer, Toronto, Ontario
I hired Deb Pang Davis in the Fall of ’09 to do the design work for my third CD release. I knew after just a short browse through her portfolio that just by finding her I’d have a great package. I’m a big believer in hiring a great artist and then letting them do their thing. After a short meeting she quickly honed in on exactly the image I was trying to put across with this new CD, which is very different from my others: simple and hip. WIth very little back and forth—though I always got the sense she’d be happy to try more things—I quickly received a design that I’m exceedingly happy with. It’s just a joy to work with Deb. I’m already thinking about what I can have her do next.
Acoustic Jazz Guitarist, Portland, Oregon
- National Press Photographer's Association (NPPA) Best of Photojournalism
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communicatio (AEJMC), Best of the Web
- Society for News Design
- UnmatchedStyle.com, Design Inspiration and Practice
- Minted, Just Can't Wait Save the Date Challenge
- Minted, February Showers Challenge
- Minted, Sending Good Cheer Holiday Challenge
- Minted, Chronicle Books
- Style Me Pretty, Mount Charleston Wedding
- State Educator's Conference, Best Magazine
- PhotoEye, Best Photo Books
- State Education Editor's Conference, Best in Show
- CSS WOW
- Design Fridge
- Web Creme
- ExpressionEngine Showcase Gallery
- Squarespace Featured Gallery
- WPA Maggie Awards (team)
- National Magazine Awards (team)
- Lowell Thomas Awards (team)
- Folio: Ozzie Awards (team)
- Pictures of the Year International
- Wider Angles: The Apple iPad Publishing Evolution? Photography Revolution?, Photoshelter.com
- Friday Shoutouts, Success Stories, and Good Deeds, Photoshelter.com
- Indie Photo Book Library, Altered States, Indiephotobooklibrary.org
- Senior Citizens Having the Time of Their Lives, Slate.com
- Push the Envelope, InStyle Magazine
- Take Five Tuesday with Deb Pang Davis, Blurb.com
- Dirty Pictures Revels in Mud, Sweat, and Gears, Wired.com
- 10 More Examples of Beautiful Wine Websites, SmartDogDigital.com
- Grey As A Trend Color in Web Design, ElmaStudio.de
- Solopreneur Friday Bits 25: My Favorite Website Discovery, TheSolopreneurLife.com
What I believe …
Start with the truth. Ask questions; try to ditch conjecture.
Respect peoples’ boundaries. Life is a constant iteration.
Strive to do good work and your best work first. Movement is health.
Empathy is good design. Practice small and you’ll create big.
Down-to-Earth should be an official color.
If you hold something dear, hold it with open hands