I think I've recovered from an amazing time at Geekfest 2010 and wanted to embed the presentation here in case anyone was interested and missed it. I was totally not crazy about the idea of being recorded and I'm over it now.
Honestly, I was nervous as hell. Having been a super shy kid who would hide as quick as possible if anyone uttered a word to me, the thought of speaking in public has never felt natural for me.
Speaking at Geekfest was stepping out of my comfort zone and having been my first presentation to a group, I'm proud to say, I did it!
It really was an honor to be asked to speak at Geekfest (Thanks Melissa!) and I encourage anyone who is thinking about attending next time to just do it. The work is inspiring and the photographers are such a blast to be around.
[ Tip: If you are prone to tears, like I am, bring tissues! The stories are powerful. ]
And here are the sources and/or the photographers I mention in this presentation:
- Milwaukee, WI based Travel & Lifestyle, Fine Art Photographer, Kevin Miyazaki
- Non-proft Photography Gallery Collect.Give
- Sergio Ballivian Photography Travel Tours
- Chicago, Illinois Wedding Photojournalist, Kevin Weinstein
- San Francisco Based Travel & Lifestyle Photographer, Brown Cannon
- Travel & Lifestyle Photographer, Cedric Angeles
- Lifestyle & Travel Stock Imagery: Intersection Photos
- Image archive and photography marketing platform, Photoshelter
- Portland Fine Art Photographer, Lauren Henkin
- Lauren Henkin's book, Displaced
- Photojournalism Collective, LUCEO Images
- Founder of Alltop, Social Media guru, Guy Kawasaki
- Guy Kawasaki's, "The Art of Branding"
- Lea Alcantara, LeaLea Design, "The Art of Self-Branding"
- Robb Hill, Kickstarter Success Story
- Interview with Stephen Mayes, Managing Director, VII Photo Agency
- Owen Shifflett's post, "How Inspiration Killed, Then Ate, Creativity"
- The Conversation Prism by Brian Solis and Jesse Thomas
- Hubspot, Inbound Marketing Concepts and Resources
- Austin based Food photographer Penny De Los Santos
- Marketing & Photography consultant, Allegra Wilde
- Funding platform for photographers and other creative businesses, Kickstarter